CCPD Recruiting Options


Fall 2014 Scholarship Application

Degree Programs:
Audience: Division: Business Process:


PowerPoint Template: Great Minds-blue background


PowerPoint Template: Fredericksburg Campus


PowerPoint Template: Stafford Campus


PowerPoint Template: Dahlgren Campus


PowerPoint Template: Great Minds-white background



Authorization to Release financial information (FERPA)


Office of Financial Aid

1301 College Avenue
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
(540)654‐2468 Phone
(540) 654‐1858 Fax

Authorization to Release Financial Information.

The purpose of FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) is to afford certain rights to students
concerning their education records. Specifically, the Act specifies that parents or spouse of postsecondary
students have no inherent rights to inspect a student’s education records. The right to inspect is limited
solely to the student. In order to comply with all of the provisions of the Act, University employees are
restricted from providing certain information to anyone other than the student—regardless of who is
paying the bill. Any student who wishes to permit other individuals access to financial aid records may do
so by signing an “Authorization to Release Information” form and submitting it to the Office of Financial

Upon receipt of the signed authorization form, the Office of Financial Aid may discuss student financial
aid information with the designated individual(s). This authorization form applies only to release of
student financial information. A copy of this form is provided below. You may complete the form and
drop it off at the Office of Financial Aid, Room 206, in the Student Service Center in Lee Hall.


University of Mary Washington adheres to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, wherein the
rights of a student who is attending an institution of postsecondary education, or is eighteen years of age,
supersedes the authority of the parent(s) to make decisions regarding the student’s records or account.
Any student who wishes to permit other individuals access to financial records may do so by signing the
waiver below and returning it to the Office of Financial Aid, University of Mary Washington, Lee Hall
Room 206, 1301 College Avenue, Fredericksburg, VA 22401.


Degree Programs: ,,


Fall 2013 Enrollment and Financial Aid Eligibility



DATE:            August 28, 2013

TO:                 Students Enrolled at UMW for Fall 2013

FROM:           Office of Financial Aid

RE:                 Fall 2013 Enrollment and Financial Aid Eligibility


Welcome to fall 2013 at the University of Mary Washington!

Please remember that your financial aid is contingent upon half time enrollment which consists of six credit hours for undergraduate students or five graduate level credit hours for graduate students. In most cases, original undergraduate awards are based on full time enrollment (at least 12 credit hours) and graduate awards are based on 6 credit hours. The Office of Financial Aid will begin making adjustments to financial aid awards based on actual enrollment next week, with awards finalized the second week of September.



Students enrolled in programs that utilize two eight-week sessions during a semester must enroll in both sessions for a combined total of five graduate or six undergraduate credit hours to be eligible for aid. Financial aid awards are canceled when a student cancels the second session. If funds have disbursed, they must still be returned to the appropriate financial aid programs. It is likely that this will result in a balance due to UMW which the student must pay.

Additional information is located on the Financial Aid Web in the ‘Stafford Campus Financial Aid Supplement’ located on the bottom of the page at  Students enrolled in programs other than the MEd program should pay particular attention to the definition of half time enrollment.

In order for graduate students to receive aid at the graduate level, at least five (5) credit hours must be graduate level courses. Graduate students enrolled in a combination of graduate and undergraduate courses where the graduate courses total fewer than five credit hours are eligible for aid at the undergraduate level.

 Do not hesitate to contact the Office of Financial Aid at 540 654-2468 or with questions or concerns.